Monday, July 25, 2011

Success! Well, sort of...

Soooo, life has been a little busy around here. Corn is just about ready to silk, no luck on the radishes and the dag nabbin chickens ate all the lettuce, kolrabi, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, and peas! We still have tomatoes coming in and some promising vines of watermelon and cantalope. We also have some beautiful blackberry, raspberry, blueberry and strawberry plants. the strawberries and raspberries are producing a handful every day. I also found a wild black berry vine growing in a corner of our front yard! One squash plant made it and is taking over a huge bed in the front yard. We have mint and basil growing in our flower bed as well. I know the harvest will be slim this year but it is really cool to see all of this growing all around our house! And as much as I loath the chickens when I'm trying to take a nap and they wont shut up it's pretty cool to see them wandering our yard as well.

Got screens put in our windows, a leaky drainage pipe fixed, one half of a storage shelf built in our garage and a few other little things that have been needing to be fixed but hadn't had time to fix them. Still trying to find the time to locate my sanity as it has recently run away. I look forward to watching my beautiful little seeds sprout and see what we come up with to store for this fall! I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment